baslinux - Re: [BL] USB modem and wireless, was Development Tools for BL (az)

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] USB modem and wireless, was Development Tools for BL (az)
  • Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 03:06:14 +0000 (UTC)

On Sun, 17 Dec 2006 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

sindi keesan wrote:

The 1.1.0 busybox I compiled includes modprobe which I
have not tried yet. Does modprobe require modules.dep?

Yes, that's the only way modprobe knows which modules
to insmod.

I tried the busybox modprobe on the wireless modules. It seemed to work (but they still had unresolved symbols).

When are you likely to recompile busybox? I have a VERY annoying problem with mount and umount on this computer, esp floppy drive. I stick and mout a disk and a few minutes later without removing the disk am told 'changed nodes', or there are four fd's mounted and when I umount it says I can't but does it anyway and is very fussy about the disks that are 100% good elsewhere. The drive itself tests okay and works fine in DOS.
I might try a full-size mount/umount.