baslinux - Re: [BL] IPv6 and BL (gmail and procmail)

  • From: Lee Forrest <lforrestster AT gmail.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] IPv6 and BL (gmail and procmail)
  • Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2006 14:48:06 -0800

On Thu, Dec 07, 2006 at 03:19:17PM +0000, sindi keesan wrote:

Sindi,

> On Wed, 6 Dec 2006, Lee Forrest wrote:
>
> >I received the message from Samual I'm replying to on the
> >list!
>
> I thought you said you were not receiving your OWN postings but
> were getting everyone else's.

I meant that I had received the post that Samual was replying
to on the list, but I just checked the headers and it turns
out I was mistaken.

Wishful thinking and tiredness.

I sent it to that mailbox myself while testing my new outgoing
mail filter.

:-\

[delete]

> sdf offers a choice of webmail and shell account mail (pine,
> mutt, etc.), probably not POP mail.

I wouldn't dream of using an ISP that didn't offer direct
POP/IMAP access. Webmail is just an interface to a POP/IMAP
server and offering direct access to them is very basic. Webmail
is supposed to be for when you are away from your regular computer
and can't log into it for some reason.

Anyway, I've solved the problem here with my outgoing mail filter
and reset my configuration at the list to send me notification
that it received my posts, an option that Steven very wisely
enabled a while back but I didn't then see the value of.

Now my challenge is enabling PPP and the version of setserial
that comes with BL can't deal with my low-profile, multi-port,
16C950/954 serial card which requires the latest version of
setserial which in turn needs libc6.

You said that you didn't think that I could just use an older,
normal-profile card because it required a different, higher
voltage, so that leaves finding a different way to configure
the serial port or getting another computer or a low-profile
card that is more standard. I've been searching for the latter
on the web but haven't found one yet.

I'm using the big kernel now:

http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/baslinux/add-ons/2_2_26/bzimage.big

which has all of the serial options enabled that the card needs,
but that isn't enough.

Lee