baslinux - Re: [BL] IPv6 and BL (gmail and procmail)

  • From: "Samual Acorn" <sam.acorn AT gmail.com>
  • To: lforrestster AT gmail.com, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] IPv6 and BL (gmail and procmail)
  • Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2006 04:16:29 -0600

"erf" is a sound (dont ask)

as far as using a webserver for email it 'feels' faster to me...
considering most of it is text which POTS modems compress rather well
(max speed of the serial port anyway...) the page loads fast... the
messages (including spam) and email attachments i dont want to view
dont have to be downloaded and the email itself is stored on their
harddrive, not mine, so i can access it anywhere...

considering im moderator on 3 of the way too many MLs im on it helps
to be able to 'access anywhere' and 'skip over'.... gmail also
automatically saves drafts of email (again to their harddrive.. so if
the power goes out i just continue from the last save point)..
gmail can also spell check and filter out or add html... but thats
just icing on the cake...

or better said; "to each their own i guess...."

On 07/12/06, Lee Forrest <lforrestster AT gmail.com> wrote:
On Thu, Dec 07, 2006 at 12:07:59AM -0600, Samual Acorn wrote:
[delete]
> >This is in my gmail muttrc:
> >set sendmail="/usr/bin/procmail /home/forrest/.procmailrc-outgoing"
> >
> >This is the body of .procmailrc-outgoing. It has standard procmail
> >environment headers:
> >
> >---------
> >#If it's to the list, pipe it through formail to format for
> >#mbox and append to list mailbox
> >#"c" send a copy to the next recipe
> >
> >:0 c
> >* ^To: baslinux@lists\.ibiblio\.org
> >| formail >> /home/forrest/Mail/baslinux
> >
> >#pipe the copy (and any other mail) to my utility that sends my
> >#mail to gmail's MTA
> >
> >:0
> >| /usr/bin/msmtp -C /home/forrest/.msmtprc-gmail -t
> >
> ># anything else, which should be nothing, to my default mailbox
> ># this could help catch problems
> >
> >:0
> >${DEFAULT}
> >-----------
> >

> erf... when you said you were using gmail i thought you were using the
> web interface ... not the SMTP/POP servers...

("erf"? :-) I can do that:)

blech... using a webserver for email is like using a shovel to
chop down a tree.

> at least you've got the problem fixed...

Hope so.

[delete]

Lee

baslinux-request AT lists.ibiblio.org