baslinux - Re: [BL] SANE, Desktop internet, Install at other machine on BL3

  • From: "David Moberg" <davidjmoberg AT gmail.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] SANE, Desktop internet, Install at other machine on BL3
  • Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 15:47:07 -0700

David Moberg wrote:

I know that libusb (for user-space USB drivers) works on BL3.4,
because I used a statically compiled version of a libusb program to
successfully access a digital camera in BL3.4.

According to the SANE FAQ, SANE can use libusb to talk to virtually
any USB scanner. So if your scanner is USB, that problem (kernel
compatibility) is solved. The main problem is deciding on which SANE
binary to use.

From the linuxpackages list of SANE packages, I see that the latest
available binary is for SW91. Time to download and see how many
dependencies it has.

David