baslinux - Re: [BL] SANE, Desktop internet, Install at other machine on BL3

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] SANE, Desktop internet, Install at other machine on BL3
  • Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 21:35:53 +0000 (UTC)

On Wed, 31 May 2006 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

sindi keesan wrote:

If Slackware 4.0 does not have SANE

I had a quick look in Slackware 4.0 and could not find SANE.

I think I had to get mine from Slackware 8.1, precompiled. (I then deleted all files related to scanners other than my HP).

and you don't want to compile it,

If the current version of SANE does not compile easily on libc5,
then an older version probably will. You will find all the old
SANE versions here:

ftp://ftp.u-aizu.ac.jp/pub/misc/device/scsi/scanner/sane/old-versions

I compiled one of the very early versions because it supported my old HP scanner (pre 1995) and it compiled easily (in BL2). A USB scanner is more recent and would need a newer version than what I used.

Upgrading to SW81 glibc should let you use the precompiled version (not any gui parts of it though) but you should check first for your scanner.