baslinux - Re: [BL] SANE, Desktop internet, Install at other machine on BL3

  • From: Flavio Genelhu Oliveira <fgenelhu AT yahoo.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] SANE, Desktop internet, Install at other machine on BL3
  • Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 10:05:10 -0300 (ART)

First of all... thank you for all reply about my
problem.

Aparently i wasnt clear enough about my scanner. It is
a SCSI Scanner, not USB.

I just checked that to use a USB one with SANE you
need to use a higher version kernel than the one used
by BL3, so i would like to know if anyone knew there
is such kind of limitation with SCSI scanners too.

Since you ppl told me i can upgrade the kernel, its
ok. I got a solution.

Now, how can i install BL3 in a HD at another machine,
and than just install this HD into my 486 to boot it
up? I have tryed the floppy boot, but it printed on
screen an L, than several numbers like:

L 40 60 40 40 40 20 ...

It seems to be a common problem, but it really anoys
me to work with floppy.

Any light on this one?

> > > at least with a proprietary SCSI interface.
> >
> > I do not have any SCSI devices and have never used
> > one. So, again, I am unable to provide support
> for
> > SCSI devices.
>
> Same here. Sindi has some experience with SCSI on
> BL; does anyone else?
>
> To original poster (Oliveira): Is this some kind of
> USB-SCSI hybrid,
> or is it actually a SCSI scanner?

Fale com seus amigos de graça com o novo Yahoo! Messenger
http://br.messenger.yahoo.com/