baslinux - Re: [BL] SANE, Desktop internet, Install at other machine on BL3

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] SANE, Desktop internet, Install at other machine on BL3
  • Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 19:32:28 +0000 (UTC)

On Wed, 31 May 2006, Flavio Genelhu Oliveira wrote:

SANE can be used without X. The SW8.1 X-based
applications might need a
later libX11 (libc6-based). What year was the
scanner in question
manufactured?

I canĀ“t check it now cuz its dark here and i dont have
any lights to look at, but i bought it brand new at
around 93 or later. Is this of any relevancy? Its a
Genius Color Page SP2 Scanner. I know SANE suports it.

Make sure that the Slackware 8.1 version of SANE supports it, or if you want to learn how, compile your own from the first version that supports that scanner (or a later version if they fixed bugs in the support for that scanner). You can delete most of the SW81 SANE package and just keep the main library or libraries and the files for your scanner.

I think Steven has a list of which packages to install in order to compile with BL3 somewhere at the website. gcc ecgs binutils linuxinc and maybe one other. They take up only 10-15MB space because they are libc5. Do you know how to compile?