baslinux - Re: [BL] SANE, Desktop internet, Install at other machine on BL3

  • From: Ron Clarke <ariadne AT earthlink.com.au>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] SANE, Desktop internet, Install at other machine on BL3
  • Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 14:06:43 +1000

Hi Folks,

On Wed, 31 May 2006 11:11:38 +1200
3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

> David Moberg wrote:
> > (The program in question is gphoto2. You do mean that, and not
> > libusb, right?)
>
> I was thinking libusb (the static one that works with BL3).
>
> > It handles many Kodak, Nikon, Canon, Olympus, etc. cameras.
>
> Sounds very useful. Yes, it would be worth posting
> (if it's not too much trouble).
>
> > See their list of supported devices here:
> > http://gphoto.sourceforge.net/proj/libgphoto2/support.php
>
> Very impressive list.
>
> > "Kodak DC3200"
>
> That's my digital camera. I've got the serial cable for it,
> but the software is Windows (so I've never used the cable).
> I get the photos by mounting the CompactFlash card (with BL3).

And my camera is a Kodak EasyShare C300 - with a USB cable. At the moment
I am using SW9.1 to grab the photos off it - with gphoto2 (latest one I had
to compile for SW9.1).

If your gphoto2 for BL3.4 does USB, then I would also like a place from
which I can download it for BL3.4.
I found that the card-reader doesn't do so well on the SD card from the
camera - it is formatted in a proprietary way that need SW9.1 or PeanutLinux
9x to read properly.

Regards,
Ron

--