baslinux - Re: [BL] BL2 X_SVGA server bug was Re: X libraries problems in BL3.40

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL2 X_SVGA server bug was Re: X libraries problems in BL3.40
  • Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 21:03:07 +0000 (UTC)

On Fri, 19 May 2006 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

sindi keesan wrote:

In BL2 with Trio32 the S3 server works with Opera.
In BL3 the S3 server produces black on black in Opera

Did you get the S3 Xserver for BL3 from Slackware 4.0?
Straight from the CD, today.

which produced rxvt barcode instead of text

Perhaps a font issue?

Changing from X_SVGA to X_S3 in BL2 fixed the barcode problem. Trio32.
The BL3 X_SVGA server displayed the fonts properly.

Would I need to replace all the X libraries to use the SW7.1 X_S3 server?

For BL3 you should use the S3 Xserver from Slackware 4.0.

I did, and it does not work properly on that computer with Trio32 or Trio64. The BL2 SW7.1 X_S3 server works properly on that hardware.

The problems occur with

BL2 X_SVGA server - barcode fonts (BL3 X_SVGA server is okay with fonts)

BL3 X_S3 server - Opera black background (BL2 X_S3 is okay with Opera)

BL3 X_SVGA server - Opera black background (did not try in BL2 due to barcode fonts problem).

Xvesa works if I bypass system files.
BL2 X_S3 server works

I may have possibly mixed up some details but I tried to keep notes. We were fiddling with Windows and modems at the same time.