baslinux - Re: [BL] ifconfig illegal instruction on 386ex

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] ifconfig illegal instruction on 386ex
  • Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 21:04:54 +0000 (UTC)

On Fri, 19 May 2006 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

sindi keesan wrote:

If someone can explain how to change the kernel of the
2-floppy BL3.40 I would not mind testing the recompiled
kernel that way. Is it just a matter of mounting disk1.img
as a loop and copying over the kernel?

No loop is required. You mount the floppy, replace the
kernel and run lilo (which goes into the floppy MBR and
points at the new kernel).

You said not to test any more on the 386SLC.

Do I simply type 'lilo' then unmount the floppy?