baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3.4 on-line for the first time

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3.4 on-line for the first time
  • Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 09:27:15 +1200

> I've now got flash and java working on Opera.
> Let me know if you have a problem and I will
> tell you what I did.

Ron is right. SWflash is not working for Opera.
I've just installed BL3 and Opera from scratch and
the SWflash plug-in does not work. Apparently the
libc5 version of libX11.so.6 is not sufficient.

The reason SWflash worked for me was because my computer
does not like Xvesa, so I run the Mach64 Xserver (and
glibc2 Xlibs) from Slackware 7.1. That's why SWflash
worked for me -- my libX11.so.6 was different. Sorry
about the confusion.

So, we can run Opera on BL3 with libc5 X-libraries (which
was actually a bit of a surprise); however, if you want to
run SWflash, you need to upgrade to glibc2 X-libraries.