baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3.4 on-line for the first time

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3.4 on-line for the first time
  • Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 10:29:54 +1200

> > On exiting X, I get a console screen with errors:
> > not able to find libXm....2 and libXm....3.
>
> The first error I got was a libX11R6.so.6 problem.
> Then the Motif libraries (libXm) complained.
>
> > According to the SW9.0 MANIFEST libXm is to be found
> > in /l/lesstif-0.93.40-i386-1.tgz
>
> I'm going to try upgrading libXm here (soon) but I
> suspect that won't we enough.

I've tried a newer libXm and that did not fix it.
In fact I'm not sure that libXm is the problem.
It is more likely that libX11R6.so.6 is the issue,
but that is not an easy upgrade (since so many other
things depend on it). I'll have a play with this
today and see if I can find a (relatively) simple
fix.