baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3.4 on-line for the first time

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3.4 on-line for the first time
  • Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 10:09:29 +1200

Ron Clarke wrote:

> I "installed" manually by copying the two files into
> opera's /plugin directory.

Same here.

> Opera says it is there, but it still fails to run.

Same here. SWflash is shown in the plug-ins list.

> On exiting X, I get a console screen with errors:
> not able to find libXm....2 and libXm....3.

The first error I got was a libX11R6.so.6 problem.
Then the Motif libraries (libXm) complained.

> According to the SW9.0 MANIFEST libXm is to be found
> in /l/lesstif-0.93.40-i386-1.tgz

I'm going to try upgrading libXm here (soon) but I
suspect that won't we enough.

> Is this the only extra library I will need ?

We'll try that one first, but I'm thinking libX11R6.so.6
(and other X libs) might need upgrading too. I'll let
you know what I find.