baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3.4 on-line for the first time

  • From: Ron Clarke <ariadne AT earthlink.com.au>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3.4 on-line for the first time
  • Date: Sun, 14 May 2006 08:50:14 +1000

Hi Folks,

On Fri, 12 May 2006 05:22:07 -0500 (CDT)
James Miller <jamtat AT mailsnare.net> wrote:

> Would the open source flash player, called Gnash (currently alpha), be
> any more useable on
> BL 3? See http://www.gnu.org/software/gnash/ for information and
> downloads.

I downloaded the source, and tried to compile.

On BL21 (enhanced from SW7.1), it failed to configure - didn't like the
compiler.

On BL3.4 (with the few extra libraries) it failed to configure. Not sure
why, but it exited with a couple of error messages I didn't understand.

On a full distro of SW9.1 it configured. Then after a long time it aborted
the "make" without any explanation that I could see. But then, I don't
really know what I am doing, so maybe one of our gurus would have a better
shot at it. Even so, it doesn't yet handle sound, so I wonder if it is even
worth the bother. :(

Regards,
Ron

--