baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3.4 on-line for the first time

  • From: Ron Clarke <ariadne AT earthlink.com.au>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3.4 on-line for the first time
  • Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 06:15:25 +1000

Hi Folks,

On Wed, 10 May 2006 17:26:49 +1200
3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

> Ron Clarke wrote:
> >
> > I tried to install a flash-player to the shiny new Opera
> > in BL3.4, but it comlained that my glibc is too old.
>
> What version of flash is it?

The current/latest one - just downloaded two days ago.

> I'm using an old version
> that works on 2.3.1

Is that to be found on the flash-player website ?

> > The SW9.0 glibc is 14 MB !
>
> glibc-solibs-2.3.1-i386-3.tgz is only 1mb.
> The huge glibc package is just for compiling.

I have the glibc-solibs from SW9.0 installed, along with the others that
were recommended.
I think I won't bother with the big glibc.

I can live without the flash-player, I guess, I am just trying to get
BL3.4 to do stuff that BL2.1 doesn't.

Regards,
Ron

--