baslinux - Re: [BL] BL 3.40 and qemu summary

  • From: "David Moberg" <davidjmoberg AT gmail.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL 3.40 and qemu summary
  • Date: Mon, 1 May 2006 14:18:12 -0700

sindi keesan wrote:

Running it under X gives the exact same results in an rxvt instead.
David said this would let me use Alt-F1 etc in WP51/DOS.

Does Alt-Fx work in xdosemu?

WHen I installed qemu package I deleted most of what is in /usr/local/bin
except qemu,

Necessary for PC emulation.

qemu-i386

Not very useful if you are running it on ix86 Linux.

and qemu-img.

Unnecessary if you use dd to make all of your image files.

This leaves /usr/local/share/qemu/*.bin - what are these files for?

BIOS and related files. Several are necessary for using qemu.

Do I need ppc_rom.bin, the largest?

No, since you already deleted the ppc qemu.

David