baslinux - Re: [BL] BL 3.40 in qemu image

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL 3.40 in qemu image
  • Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 23:10:48 +0000 (UTC)

On Wed, 26 Apr 2006 t.maiden AT att.net wrote:

When trying to boot the two floppy version of BL in QEMU, try a command
something like this:

START qemu.exe -L . -m 128 -fda //./a: -boot a -soundhw sb16 -localtime

Note the way the param for -fda is specified. This is a variation on the way to boot directly from a CD drive. This specifies a floppy boot from the a: device. I tried this and it worked great for the boot and load. I was able to swap floppies no problem, didn't have to break out and edit files, etc. The only problem I had, and I'm fairly sure this may have been a problem unrelated to the QEMU process, is when I had the ROOT prompt up, I typed STARTX and the shell came back saying STARTX not found. It couldn't find STARTXT either. Maybe part of the download or the copy to floppy 2 was bad. Is the shell and busybox on floppy 1? Could the load of floppy 2 failed without giving any warnings? (If this email has come thru as a HTML please let me know so that I can tell ATT Worldnet their software is junk.) Thanks.

Did you really type it in ALL CAPS?
You can run just the first floppy disk if you hit Ctrl-C instead of putting in disk 2 and typing Enter. That will let you know what is included. Or from some working linux, look at disk 2, which is a tgz file (tar -ztvf /fd/*.tgz).

No HTML