baslinux - Re: [BL] BL 3.40 in qemu image

  • From: t.maiden AT att.net
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL 3.40 in qemu image
  • Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 20:45:16 +0000

When trying to boot the two floppy version of BL in QEMU, try a command
something like this:

START qemu.exe -L . -m 128 -fda //./a: -boot a -soundhw sb16 -localtime

Note the way the param for -fda is specified. This is a variation on the way
to boot directly from a CD drive. This specifies a floppy boot from the a:
device. I tried this and it worked great for the boot and load. I was able
to swap floppies no problem, didn't have to break out and edit files, etc.
The only problem I had, and I'm fairly sure this may have been a problem
unrelated to the QEMU process, is when I had the ROOT prompt up, I typed
STARTX and the shell came back saying STARTX not found. It couldn't find
STARTXT either. Maybe part of the download or the copy to floppy 2 was bad.
Is the shell and busybox on floppy 1? Could the load of floppy 2 failed
without giving any warnings? (If this email has come thru as a HTML please
let me know so that I can tell ATT Worldnet their software is junk.) Thanks.
-------------- Original message from t.maiden AT att.net: --------------