baslinux - Re: [BL] Upgrading BL3

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Upgrading BL3
  • Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 23:01:50 +0000 (UTC)

On Thu, 27 Apr 2006 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

sindi keesan wrote:

Do I understand correctly that you got BL3.40 running
under qemu and David got qemu running under BL3

Yes, there is now a BL3 image file that runs under
QEMU (plus fs.img can be run using a bzimage kernel).
Additionally, several of us have installed QEMU on BL3.
I have been running DOS programs on BL3 and I have run

How much RAM does qemu use?
Do you think it works better than dosemu, which seems designed mostly for games and did not work right with three wordprocessors?

BL3 on BL3 (which was interesting because the base BL3
was unable to run Xvesa, but the guest BL3 ran Xvesa
perfectly).

It sounds like qemu is better designed than Xvesa itself.