baslinux - Re: [BL] Upgrading BL3

  • From: James Miller <jamtat AT mailsnare.net>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Upgrading BL3
  • Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 21:06:13 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 27 Apr 2006, sindi keesan wrote:

Why do you need graphics for display of a nongraphical wordprocessor such
as WP 5.1, which I use on a TTL monitor in DOS? (It also works in VGA but
displays red instead of underline, etc., which I hate. You have to choose
between underline or bold, can't do both). It displays in plain dosemu
but works terribly, partly because of alt-F1 etc. working in linux, not
DOS. How would qemu handle Alt-F1?

My partner wants to use his text editor in qemu. It works in dosemu.

Something from the qemu manpage that may be relevant:
-nographic
Normally, QEMU uses SDL to display the VGA output. With this
option, you can totally disable graphical output so that QEMU is
a simple command line application. The emulated serial port is
redirected on the console. Therefore, you can still use QEMU to
debug a Linux kernel with a serial console.

James