baslinux - Re: [BL] Upgrading BL3

  • From: James Miller <jamtat AT mailsnare.net>
  • To: BasicLinux List <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Upgrading BL3
  • Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 20:49:47 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 25 Apr 2006, sindi keesan wrote:

NTFS partitions. Second, he could download my qemu image of BL3.4,
install qemu for Windows, boot the BL image and toy around with it to see

Is it a free download?

Go to http://free.oszoo.org/download.html . The qemu program is GPL. Only the accelerator is closed-source. The Win versions tend to lag behind the Linux version: looks like the Win version is only at 0.7.2 while Linux is at 0.8.0.

I'm installing Win 98 under qemu in BL3 right now. I'll post screenshots later. Best of both worlds for your clients who insist on having Win installed, too?

James