baslinux - Re: [BL] Upgrading BL3

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: BasicLinux List <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Upgrading BL3
  • Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 17:33:06 +0000 (UTC)

On Tue, 25 Apr 2006, James Miller wrote:

On Tue, 25 Apr 2006, sindi keesan wrote:

NTFS partitions. Second, he could download my qemu image of BL3.4,
install qemu for Windows, boot the BL image and toy around with it to see

Is it a free download?

Go to http://free.oszoo.org/download.html . The qemu program is GPL.
Only the accelerator is closed-source. The Win versions tend to lag
behind the Linux version: looks like the Win version is only at 0.7.2
while Linux is at 0.8.0.

I'm installing Win 98 under qemu in BL3 right now. I'll post screenshots
later. Best of both worlds for your clients who insist on having Win
installed, too?

James

I just looked at this site. You can also run FreeDOS under qemu. Can you check whether WP5.1/DOS works properly under qemu in BL3? (It worked very badly under dosemu). I can send you a copy of the minimal files needed, a few 100 K I think. Do the Alt keys work correctly, or do they switch terminals instead?

NetBSD is a 50MB download and could be transferred via our CF card after downloading via a friend's DSL connection, to run under BL3.

Do I understand correctly that you got BL3.40 running under qemu and David got qemu running under BL3 (with several added libraries from SW9.1)?