baslinux - Re: [BL] Upgrading BL3

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Upgrading BL3
  • Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 00:49:46 +0000 (UTC)

On Wed, 26 Apr 2006, David Moberg wrote:

sindi keesan wrote:

How much RAM does qemu use?

That depends on the OS that you are running inside of it. For Windows
on BL3 you will probably need at least 32MB.

Do you think it works better than dosemu, which seems designed mostly for
games and did not work right with three wordprocessors?

Yes, qemu should work fine with any DOS wordprocessor that uses VGA
for graphics, but you will need X or svgalib for display.

David

Why do you need graphics for display of a nongraphical wordprocessor such as WP 5.1, which I use on a TTL monitor in DOS? (It also works in VGA but displays red instead of underline, etc., which I hate. You have to choose between underline or bold, can't do both). It displays in plain dosemu but works terribly, partly because of alt-F1 etc. working in linux, not DOS. How would qemu handle Alt-F1?

My partner wants to use his text editor in qemu. It works in dosemu.