baslinux - Re: [BL] BasicLinux 3.40

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BasicLinux 3.40
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2006 02:51:06 +0000 (UTC)

On Fri, 13 Jan 2006, David Moberg wrote:

sindi keesan wrote:

What is the secret of compiling against uClibc such that rm cp etc. still
work?

I don't know how to get a static uClibc binary that does not work.
I just use make in the normal way, then add the -static flag and
I almost always get a binary that works in BL2 or 3. The only
exception has been MPlayer, which built correctly but had some
subtle bugs, such as no support for 2.2.16 OSS audio, and
no support for X.

Stephen Clement compiled a uClibc busybox where rm did not work in BL2 or Bl3 (but worked with kernel 2.4, I think). Steven compiled busybox same version so it all works (I hope).

David