baslinux - Re: [BL] BasicLinux 3.40

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BasicLinux 3.40
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2006 07:36:27 +1300

Kunle 'bona wrote:

> Did you compile all possible modules

I compiled all the ones I could see, but it's possible
that I missed one (or even a whole category).

> and if not, where can we find more?

Tell me if you find one I missed and I'll try to compile it.

> I have found the SW71 ones adequate except for two ethernet cards.

I tried to do all the ethernet cards for 2.2.26.

> To compile, would we use the 2.2.16 kernel and linuxinc kernel headers?

To compile modules, you need the full kernel source.
To compile programs, you just need the headers (and libc5).
The 2.2.16 headers should work fine for any BL3.

> what are the benefits of 2.2.26 over 2.2.16

2.2.26 is more mature. A few bugs and security issues have
been eliminated, and many useful modules have been added.