baslinux - Re: [BL] BasicLinux 3.40

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BasicLinux 3.40
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 15:59:27 +0000 (UTC)

On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

Stephen Clement wrote:

Will this include a Changelog?

3.40
kernel upgraded to 2.2.26
busybox upgraded to 1.01

What is the secret of compiling against uClibc such that rm cp etc. still work?

PCMCIA IDE and CF-card capability added
new add-on modules (eg wireless)

Did you compile all possible modules and if not, where can we find more? I have found the SW71 ones adequate except for two ethernet cards.

To compile, would we use the 2.2.16 kernel and linuxinc kernel headers?

I anticipate lots of discussion about how to share a neighbor's broadband connection.

PLIP removed (still available as add-on)

Useful with older laptops that don't have PCMCIA slots for ethernet but some laptop parallel ports don't work with PLIP, including our computer with no floppy drive. It worked with laplink pro.