baslinux - Re: [BL] dosemu

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] dosemu
  • Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2005 02:40:21 +0000 (UTC)

On Sat, 13 Aug 2005, Ron Clarke wrote:

Hi Folks,

On Fri, 12 Aug 2005 23:15:54 +0000 (UTC)
sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org> wrote:

BTW: I have also found that asmdemo (system check\identification) runs
very well under dosemu.
Perhaps it might be useful to post\link the stuff that runs OK under David's
dosemu ?

You said lxpic and pictview both work. Did you actually view a file with
pictview?

Yes, lots and lots of graphics. I have linked my main graphics collections
to the dosemu installation through lredir in the autoexec.bat.

We got abstract art, tho the menu appears normal. Virge card.

My graphics card is a Diamond Stealth 2 MB.

Diamond Stealth is a manufacturer of cards. They use various chips on their boards. I have one with a Tseng ET4000 chip. I will try xdosemu with Pictview on the Tseng card that crashes X and on the one that doesn't (on exit only).

Do you know which chip is on your card? DOS whatvga2, syschk, or hwinfo (run under DOS not dosemu) may tell you. Which linux program displays video information?

> > Regards,
Ron

--
Ron Clarke