baslinux - Re: [BL] MPlayer

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] MPlayer
  • Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 20:56:57 +0000 (UTC)

Regarding the 600MHz computer that will not play or even convert mp3 or ogg files (using mpg123 and two versions of mplayer) but gets IRQ/DRQ errors etc.

Replacing the awe64 with an awe32 (both Creative, not Vibra) made no difference (except now I can also play DOS midi files).

In DOS, msp will play .wav, .mid and .mp3 files. DOSAMP also plays .mp3 files.

In linux I can only play .wav files (with sox or mplayer).

Is it likely I could play streaming mp3 in DOS using wget and dosamp or msp? Does | work in DOS?

I might try a non-awe64 sound card next, but I had 'play' problems in another ASUS board with a non-awe card.