baslinux - Re: [BL] MPlayer

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] MPlayer
  • Date: Wed, 4 May 2005 00:37:55 +0000 (UTC)

I have /bin/bunzip2, from the SW7.1 package, and it came with the needed
dependency and yes it is libc6.

The installation script for mplayer.tgz tells me:

Pmaplyer installation has failed.

Please install a working bzip2 or bunzip2,
and then reinstall Mplayer.
return: Can only 'return' from a function

Can you fix just the install script and post that, if that is the problem?

I have a /usr/local/bin/mplayer.bz2 which I may bunzip manually. ...
That seems to have worked.

mplayer -ao oss filename.wav

Playing filename.wav.
Audio file detected.

Opening audio decoder: [pcm] Uncmpressed PCM audio decodeer
AUDIO: ......
Selected audio codec: [pcm]....

Checking audio filter chain
Audio_setup: Can't make filedescriptor blocking: Function not
implemented
COunt not open/initialize audio device -> no sound
Audio: no sound
Video: No video

I think I got a similar message with the last version you compiled.

Let me know when to try again. Ron, what luck have you had?

I was just playing streaming mp3 with mpg123 so sound is turned on.

I left the config file with ao set to oss so -ao oss was not really
necessary - same results with or without it. Could not open/initialized
audio device.

The left arrow won't work either, or right arrow. > Hi David,