baslinux - Re: [BL] MPlayer

  • From: Ron Clarke <ariadne AT earthlink.com.au>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] MPlayer
  • Date: Tue, 3 May 2005 07:36:13 +1000

Hi Sindi,

On Mon, 2 May 2005 03:11:30 +0000 (UTC)
sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org> wrote:

> >> (I think I should have started Xvesa with -2button so the mouse would
> >> copy
> >> - here goes typing by hand so expect some errors)
> >
> > I don't think Xine will run in Xvesa, it needs X11.
>
> Here is my big chance to try Steven's non-Xvesa package in BL2 (but not
> overwrite the libc6 binary so I should install manually).
>
> Why would Xine need X11 to play sound, but not to display the gui?

I wouldn't use Xine to just play sound files - I have smaller stuff for
that.

MP3 mpg123
MIDI,MOD timidity
OGG mplayer

> Are you using Xine with BL2?

Yes. But an "enhanced" BL2, with much of SW7.1 added, and some stuff from
SW8.1 and SW9.1.
And I am never going to remember all of it.
Just ldd xine and see what it lists.

Regards,
Ron

--