baslinux - Re: [BL] MPlayer

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] MPlayer
  • Date: Tue, 3 May 2005 01:11:31 +0000 (UTC)

yOn Tue, 3 May 2005, Ron Clarke wrote:

> > > I don't think Xine will run in Xvesa, it needs X11.
> >
> > Here is my big chance to try Steven's non-Xvesa package in BL2 (but not
> > overwrite the libc6 binary so I should install manually).
> >
> > Why would Xine need X11 to play sound, but not to display the gui?
>
> I wouldn't use Xine to just play sound files - I have smaller stuff for
> that.
>
> MP3 mpg123
This works fine for mp3s other than the lack of much buffer.

> MIDI,MOD timidity
> OGG mplayer

But I was looking for a way to also play Realaudio and/or WM since most
stations in other countries produce those. I would be happy to use
mplayer but it is not yet working on my hardware.

> > Are you using Xine with BL2?
>
> Yes. But an "enhanced" BL2, with much of SW7.1 added, and some stuff
> from SW8.1 and SW9.1.
> And I am never going to remember all of it.
> Just ldd xine and see what it lists.
I have all the dependencies, I have Xvesa, I don't have sound just a gui.
Where did you get xine package?