baslinux - Re: [BL] MPlayer

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] MPlayer
  • Date: Mon, 2 May 2005 03:11:30 +0000 (UTC)

I wrote:
I have had Xine running in BL2 for months. It does need some extra
libraries (from SW9.1, as well as some other stuff I have forgotten), but it
does play all sorts of multimedia. You need the xine-lib and a graphic
front-end, as well as the codecs library.

I installed all the dependencies and read the doc file and typed
xine -s -a filename.mp3 or filename.wav

I got a small grey gui which seems to require a mouse to use, but clicking
on the > or on play (next screen) did not do anything (no sound). play
and mpg123 are working. I can get a playlist (type xine ... *.mp3 and get
all the mp3 files listed).

(I think I should have started Xvesa with -2button so the mouse would copy
- here goes typing by hand so expect some errors)

I don't think Xine will run in Xvesa, it needs X11.

Here is my big chance to try Steven's non-Xvesa package in BL2 (but not overwrite the libc6 binary so I should install manually).

Why would Xine need X11 to play sound, but not to display the gui?

It autodetected oss but realtime check FAILED - realtime sync disabled
xine_init: audio thread created
input plugin found: input_dvd.so (etc)
xine_init: plugins loaded
xine open audio.wav, start pos - 0
inpud dvd: input_plugin_open >audio.wav<
demux_avi: init failed, avi_errno=0

What is a demux_avi? Is this related to X11? Why is it looking at input_dvd.so in order to play a .wav file?

vo exit
video_out_xshm: reset_xshm

The -s and xshm refer to using x11 for the display. Xv is default.
The -a tells it this is an audio file, I think.

What am I doing wrong, or omitting?

I don't know enough to even guess.

Regards,
Ron