baslinux - Re: [BL] MPlayer

  • From: Ron Clarke <ariadne AT earthlink.com.au>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] MPlayer
  • Date: Wed, 4 May 2005 07:23:38 +1000

Hi Sindi,

On Tue, 3 May 2005 01:11:31 +0000 (UTC)
sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org> wrote:

> But I was looking for a way to also play Realaudio and/or WM since most
> stations in other countries produce those. I would be happy to use
> mplayer but it is not yet working on my hardware.

Then try to get RealPlayer working. It is a lot simpler to set up than
mplayer or xine.

> > > Are you using Xine with BL2?
> >
> > Yes. But an "enhanced" BL2, with much of SW7.1 added, and some stuff
> > from SW8.1 and SW9.1.
> > And I am never going to remember all of it.
> > Just ldd xine and see what it lists.
> I have all the dependencies, I have Xvesa, I don't have sound just a gui.
> Where did you get xine package?

I can't remember. Probably one of the links of the xine home page, or
maybe from one of the Slackware mirrors. I have xine (and gxine) running in
BL2, SW9.1 and Peanut Linux. At the time it wasn't important to remember
where I got it all from. I barely knew what I was doing.

Regards,
Ron

--
Ron Clarke