baslinux - Re: [BL] broken windows needs replacing

  • From: "David Moberg" <davidjmoberg AT lycos.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] broken windows needs replacing
  • Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 13:22:17 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "sindi keesan" <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>

> I have not managed to get this working - I just get the help page
> for mpg123 and 'broken pipe'
>
> wget -O - http://audio.ibiblio.org:8000/wdav-24k|mpg123
>
> Is the above correct?

Try telling mpg123 to use stdin as the input file:

wget -O - http://audio.ibiblio.org:8000/wdav-24k|mpg123 -

Or do this:

wget http://audio.ibiblio.org:8000/wdav-24k &
mpg123 wdak-24k
mpg123 index.html

(try both to see which file is created)

> I also tried mpg123 `(paste in the above string not including |mpg123)`

That won't work.

> >> Is there some linux mp3 player that buffers better?
> >
> > Quite a few. Xmms, x11amp, MPlayer, Xine...
>
> These all sound like large GUIs. I will look more into mpg321 and
> mp3blaster.

Good idea. Xine is a library, usually used with a GUI frontend, but CLI is
available, too. MPlayer is CLI by default, but there are many GUIs for it,
including livid, which turns it into a video editor.

David
once.
http://datingsearch.lycos.com