baslinux - Re: [BL] broken windows needs replacing

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] broken windows needs replacing
  • Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 23:00:49 +0000 (UTC)

On Tue, 19 Apr 2005, James Miller wrote:

On Tue, 19 Apr 2005, sindi keesan wrote:

My partner listens to Recordings for the Blind and Physically Handicapped. They are still sending out tapes but will probably switch to CD. He wonders if he can rip the CD to mp3 and somehow speed it up (delete one out of three sampled bits) since he likes to listen faster. He has modified tape players to let him adjust the speed (different size pulleys, resistors, switches - various approaches).

Sure, you can convert from wav (audio cd's are usually wav, I think) to mp3 with any number of Linux apps. mp3blaster has such an option in its interface. I'd go with ogg rather than mp3, though (oog is a more open format). THere are all kinds of sound editing apps for Linux, too, so you should be able to manipulate those ogg's/mp3's however you want.

Even DOS cdroast comes with a way to make wav into mp3.

James