baslinux - Re: [BL] Can you use 2-floppy BL3 on a computer with DSL connection?

  • From: "David Lane" <Jaypooh3 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Can you use 2-floppy BL3 on a computer with DSL connection?
  • Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 00:55:15 -0500

Sindi,

Find out what brand modem they have and let me know,I'll get you the IP for
it if it uses one.Most dsl modems are in reality crippled routers and use
the IP of 192.168.1.254.But get me the specifics and I'll find out for you.

David Lane

Note:If the modem is an Alcatel,get them to specify if it is an USB or
ethernet model.Most modems are either/or,but with Alcatel,they are seperate
modems for each type connection

Further note:If it is an Alcatel USB,it is not compatable with
Linux,regardless of kernel.It is basically the DSL version of an Winmodem