baslinux - Re: [BL] Copying with 2-button mouse in Xvesa without Xconfig

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Copying with 2-button mouse in Xvesa without Xconfig
  • Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 12:48:48 +1300

sindi keesan wrote:

> Impossible pallette format 1

I've seen that error before. I seem to recall it had
something to do with booting from booting from DOS?
Have you tried booting that machine from the floppy
version of BL3 (which uses lilo).

> I set up an alias X='Xvesa -2button -screen 640x480x2 &rxvt -e icewm'

Why? It is better to do this via xinit and ~/.xinitrc

> > You can cut from a file displayed by links,
>
> I could not even manage to cut with the svgalib mouse,

I don't know about svgalib, but in X you need to
press SHIFT to make a cut in links.

> Is there some way to disable the laptop's onboard ps2
> mouse to plug in a serial mouse? Maybe in the BIOS?

On my laptop it's in the BIOS setup. But it probably
depends on the brand of laptop.

http://www.basiclinux.com.ru