baslinux - Re: [BL] hd problem

  • From: "Sheldon Isaac" <SheldonIsaac AT MyRealBox.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] hd problem
  • Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2005 14:13:34 -0500

> > After I got to a BL3 prompt, I did df , and it showed my C: drive as
> > /DOS Midnight Commander saw it fine.
> >
> > fdisk /dev/hda showed the first partition as a Win95 FAT32, if I
> > recall correctly.
> >

> So it looks like Bl3 was able to mount your FAT32 partition

Also, I have an executable script dos which does three

mount -t msdos /dev/hdxn /mountpoint

commands

for 3 additional FAT32 partitions.

> even though the kernel is compiled without vfat, and so they are not the
> same thing.

Umm, dunno.

> Can you read long file names in the FAT32 partition?

Will save message and go look.

No, in BL3, the filename looks like SetupW~1.dll for the file that
MS-Windows calls
SetupWUSB54Gv2_US.dll

> What is linux using vfat for in BL2?

Utterly ignorant - hopefully someone else will know.

Sheldon