baslinux - Re: [BL] hd problem

  • From: "Sheldon Isaac" <SheldonIsaac AT MyRealBox.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] hd problem
  • Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2005 12:21:35 -0500

On 20 Feb 2005 at 16:42, sindi keesan wrote:
> Would someone else with BL3 on a computer with a FAT32 partition like to
> experiment with this?

Usual proviso, Sindi: you are way way beyond what I can comprehend, in
this stuff.

It is a month or so since I used BLxxx; I will go see what I can do.

According to Ranish Partition Manager and MS's fdisk, my first primary
partition is a FAT32 of about 775 Mb. (DOS/Windows drive C:)

Now I will save this message from my Win98 email program, restart in DOS,
and see what's in C:\BASLIN

OK, here is what I used from DOS:

loadlin zimage root=/dev/loop0 initrd=initfs.gz rw

After I got to a BL3 prompt, I did df , and it showed my C: drive as /DOS
Midnight Commander saw it fine.

fdisk /dev/hda showed the first partition as a Win95 FAT32, if I recall
correctly.

Thanks,
Sheldon