baslinux - Re: [BL] hd problem

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] hd problem
  • Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 21:45:26 +0000 (UTC)

On Sat, 19 Feb 2005, David Lane wrote:

Dos supports only ONE primary partion,the rest are listed as extended
partitions (in MSDOS at least)
I have four primary DOS partitions on all my computers.
Maybe it is Windows that won't recognize other primary partitions?

David Lane

And yes,FAT32 is a waste of time under 1 gig ,and slower to access
We put it on because it has smaller cluster size - 4K instead of 8K or 16K - thereby letting us put on more files. But the disk is 1.2G and we were not really short on space for Win98 and DOS. Will redo it straight Fat16.