baslinux - Re: [BL] hd problem

  • From: "Alejandro Lieber" <dos AT lieber.com.ar>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] hd problem
  • Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2005 10:55:33

Sindi:

If this can help:

I have a 133Mhz 586 with a 810Mby HD, partitioned in two,
that boots with Ranish Partition Manager.

I run BL3
The interesting thing is that I have:

a) One FAT16 partition with PC-DOS
b) One FAT32 partition with WIN95

In a) I have c:\baslin\*.* WITHOUT fs.img (too big for that partition)
In b) I have d:\baslin\fs.img (16Mby loop)

So I loadlin in FAT16 of a loop in FAT32.

Alejandro.

On 20 Feb 05 at 16:59, 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

> sindi keesan wrote:
> >
> > Steven, is it possible that my mounting FAT32 with
> > BL2 (or BL3) could have caused the problem?
>
> BL2 does vfat.
> CONFIG_VFAT_FS This option provides support for normal
> Windows filesystems with long filenames. That includes
> non-compressed FAT-based filesystems used by Windows 95,
> Windows 98, Windows NT 4.0, and mtools.
>
> > I thought mount automatically detected the file
> > system type,
>
> It does with some types, but not others.
>
> > or does it just assume msdos if it is not linux?
>
> No.
>
> Cheers,
> Steven

Read net news (USENET) with Arachne: http://www.lieber.com.ar/nnews.zip
Sans Serif fonts for MS-DOS at: http://www.lieber.com.ar/novafont.zip
Configurable dialing menu for several DOS internet programs at:
http://www.lieber.com.ar/dial_ip.zip

Ing. Alejandro Lieber
Rosario Argentina