baslinux - RE: [BL] BL3 Floppy Version, Crashes when HD is attached

  • From: "Jason Chall" <shaggychall AT yahoo.com>
  • To: <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [BL] BL3 Floppy Version, Crashes when HD is attached
  • Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 16:43:29 -0500

Regarding how the SSD is accessed, according to the manual "The PCM-4862
features an internal Flash/ROM disk drive. This drive emulates a floppy disk
drive by using solid-state memory
chips". This does not seem to be true though since under DOS this drive
shows up under fdisk, which floppies don't. And if it is acting as a floppy
it doesn't seem like DOS would be able to access any more than 1.4 MB but it
sees all 8 MB of the SSD. Under linux the SSD does not show up under fdisk.
I tried mounting the seconding floppy disk a variety of ways but this did
not seem to work. Does BL even support FAT? Also is the ramdisk hda?