baslinux - [BL] BL3 Floppy Version, Crashes when HD is attached

  • From: "Jason Chall" <shaggychall AT yahoo.com>
  • To: <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [BL] BL3 Floppy Version, Crashes when HD is attached
  • Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005 23:45:51 -0500

I am running the floppy disk version of BL3 on an Advantech PCM-4862 motherboard. Everything works fine with just the floppy drive attached but when I attach the Hard Disk, BL crashes on boot seemingly during loading of Ramdisk. Also when I do boot without HD, BL does not seem to recognize Solid State Disk though if I boot with a DOS Floppy I see it no problem. Note, hard drive is large, 80 GB, and BIOS only sees it as 8 GB. Any idea's why it is crashing and why I can't see Solid State Disk. I'd like to install BL on the SSD, but if I can't I'd like to install it on the HD. Also, anyone know if I'll be able to see the whole 80GB once I get BL running?

Thanks,
Jason