baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3 Floppy Version, Crashes when HD is attached

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3 Floppy Version, Crashes when HD is attached
  • Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 20:10:04 +1300

Jason Chall wrote:

> I am running the floppy disk version of BL3
> Everything works fine with just the floppy drive attached
> but when I attach the Hard Disk, BL crashes on boot
> Note, hard drive is large, 80 GB, and BIOS only sees it
> as 8 GB.

BasicLinux is designed for old hardware, so it is not
surprising that it is tripped up by something fairly
new, like your HD.

> anyone know if I'll be able to see the whole 80GB once
> I get BL running?

Maybe not. I suspect the 2.2.16 kernel is unprepared
for HDs that large.

> Also when I do boot without HD, BL does not seem to
> recognize Solid State Disk though

How does the Solid State Disk connect to the system?
IDE? USB? PCMCIA? If it's IDE, BL3 should autodetect
it (but you will need to mount it yourself). If it's
PCMCIA, you will need to add a module and edit the PCMCIA
config file. If it's USB, you are out of luck -- BL3 has
no USB capability.

http://www.basiclinux.com.ru