baslinux - Re: [BL] device or resource busy

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] device or resource busy
  • Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2005 19:26:19 +0000 (UTC)

On Tue, 8 Feb 2005 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

sindi keesan wrote:

I have IRQ 9, 11 and 12 free in linux,
and io 140 and 340.

You probably mean hex numbers: 0x140 and 0x340
Probably, I will fix this.

insmod aha154x (?) io=340 irq=12
aha152x

I assume you want decimal 12 (although I recommend
you do not use the irq parameter), but do you really
want decimal 340?

Why should I not use the IRQ parameter? It is an isa card with jumpers for IRQ and io. Will linux find it automatically? Will it find io automatically? I think I have to first either use a scsi kernel such as zipslack.s or insmod sr_mod scsi_mod and sg (without parameters).

For sb.o I had to specify both of these and it was even pnp.

How do I rmmod an ethernet module? It also tells
me 'device or resource busy' when I try.

If ifconfig is up, the device will be busy.

Can I undo ifconfig eth0 somehow?

ifconfig eth0 down

Thanks, that worked. cat /proc/interrupts shows that IRQ10 is also free now.

I will stick the card in the 'new' computer along with the kernel and modules and try it with and without irq specified. Then maybe recycle it.