baslinux - Re: [BL] Bl3-32 will not boot

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Bl3-32 will not boot
  • Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2004 04:27:35 +0000 (UTC)

On Sun, 28 Nov 2004 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

sindi keesan wrote:

Have you noticed any other advantages to the
newer kernel,

No, I only used it briefly. However, because it is
more up-to-date, it will probably work better on newer
hardware than the 2.2.16 kernel (but that doesn't matter
because BL3 is targeted at old PCs).

The only two times I considered using a newer kernel is because of bugs in the kernel that were fixed later, having to do with SB16 and my CD burner.

or any drawbacks apart from its size?

None that I could see (although you do have to replace
the 2.2.16 modules with 2.4.18).

Where would you find these, in SW8.1 or 9.1?

Did you compile with the same configuration as for
the standard BL3 kernel, or optimize for pentium?

I used the default BL3 config (although I might have
left out copro emulation -- can't remember).

I would have thought only people with newer hardware (pentium) would have been interested in the newer kernel until I ran into bugs in the old one.