baslinux - RE: [BL] Bl3-32 will not boot

  • From: "Jim Howard" <jmhoward AT texramp.net>
  • To: <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [BL] Bl3-32 will not boot
  • Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2004 22:23:10 -0600

You are correct, it is add-ons, but that is the kernel image that gets it
working. I had already tried a couple of other Slackware 7.1 kernels, bare.i
and iomega.i, both without success. Then while I was downloading the Links2
package I saw the bzimage file in add-ons and decided to try it. It does
indeed get bl3-32 to boot on my system, the thing is that I am unable to run
X after I get booted. I run the startx script, answer questions about video
and mouse and then get the black screen I was reading about in one of the
other messages. I do an <alt><F2> to get to another console window to see if
I can determine what is going on, then when I <alt><F1> back to the original
console there is the message
Interrupt pointer doesn't point at ROM
Interrupt pointer doesn't point at ROM
Interrupt pointer doesn't point at ROM
Interrupt pointer doesn't point at ROM

Fatal server error:
no screens found

I am not sure how the problems are connected but that is what is occuring.
The only other error message I have seen is when rebooting it seems I see an
unable to write to device error (device mounted read only) right before my
system reboots.