baslinux - Re: [BL] Re: My computers have gone crazy

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Re: My computers have gone crazy
  • Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 18:49:14 +1300

sindi keesan wrote:

> But my ASUS is not acting erratic. One day it
> behaved properly all the time (except that the
> hard drive apparently went bad in it) and the next
> it behaved badly all the time.

According to my dictionary, erratic means "Lacking
consistency, regularity or uniformity. Deviating
from the customary course." If your computer
behaves one way on Monday and a different way on
Tuesday, it is lacking consistency. It is erratic.

> The DFI behaves properly 5/6 of the time

Also erratic.

I would hate for people reading about your erratic
computer to get the impression that BasicLinux is
causing problems. It isn't. The mostly likely
cause of your difficulties is flakey hardware.

http://www.basiclinux.com.ru