baslinux - Re: [BL] Re: My computers have gone crazy

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Re: My computers have gone crazy
  • Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 02:57:19 +0000 (UTC)

On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

sindi keesan wrote:

I am curious if some models always act like this.
Except mine was fine one day and bad the next.
Same for the drive.

I have used dozens of computers over the last 20 years
and they all behaved the same from one day to the next
EXCEPT when a piece of hardware was going bad. Then I
would get the irratic behavior you are describing.

But my ASUS is not acting erratic. One day it behaved properly all the time (except that the hard drive apparently went bad in it) and the next it behaved badly all the time. The DFI behaves properly 5/6 of the time and has been doing so for a year or so. Recently it got better (now boots zipslack when it never did before). Maybe something is getting less corroded? Plugging drives in and out might have helped?

I will see if the ASUS works with an MGA card and then consider Win98 DOS with it. First I need to remake that linux drive (it will be the third one - tar all the files, copy with RAMdisk linux to new drive, untar there). Good thing we have too many computers.