baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3 Sleeping Forever on Boot Problem

  • From: "Les Myer @ Hotmail" <lmyer_rwl AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3 Sleeping Forever on Boot Problem
  • Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2004 23:32:27 -0500

Steven, thanks for responding.

I could not find a boot.bat on my machine, but I did find a lilo.conf.

Here is the content of my /etc/lilo.conf:
-----------------
# boot=/dev/hda ### this line puts lilo in MBR of primary harddrive
### otherwise lilo ges in root partition
image=/boot/zimage
label=BL3
root=CURRENT
read-write

It appears to me that lilo.conf is set for read-write.

I should note that 3 lines above the final "sleeping forever" line during
boot from HD, it does display
"VFS: Mounted root (ext2 filesystem) readonly".

Any further advice for me? I'll try to get any information you need.

Thanks, Les